The European MSc in Governance for Sustainable Development is a high-quality study program aimed at preparing future leaders in the field oflaw and public administration, social sciences, economics, sustainable energy, agriculture,food and public health environmental studies, as well as other related sectorsto work on a local, national or international level.The program offers a blend of practical knowledge, conceptual frameworkand state-of-the-art research.
During the two years of the study program students can study at different institutions located in four European countries, where they benefit from a flexible learning path andan interdisciplinary study program offered by specialists in the field of sustainable development. There are four main components of the program:
- Core courses. Core courses will provide students with basic knowledge concerning sustainable development (1st semester – University of Lodz, Poland)
- Specialization. Students, based on their interest, will choose one out of five specializations
(2nd semester, chosen university)*
- Internship. Students will participate in an internship, what will give them practical experience. This will help them to write a master thesis and increase their employability. Reduced number of subjects will allow students to focus on the working experience (3rd semester – chosen university)
- Master thesis. Students will write and defend a master’s thesis (4th semester, chosen university)
* Fulllist of all specializations(with subjects) can be found at GAVA Master Program.
The knowledge and experience of GAVA program graduates will enable them to search employment in governmental and private organizations. They will demonstrate an advanced understanding of sustainable trends, leadership and governmental issues in administration, economics and agricultural sectors, as well as the ability to take a global perspective on tackling management issues in education. In response to a broad range of challenges in the domain of sustainable development, graduates will acquire advanced knowledge in areas such as “good governance”, economic and social stability, organization, mentoring and research methods.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS points or an equivalent degree from a recognized university or institution of higher education
- Complete application documents including a personal motivation letter
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English (TOEFL, IELTS or similar); please talk to the program management for alternatives
The programme is not yet running by the participating institutions; arrangements are being made for the initiation of the GAVA programme.